CRAVING for a Neapolitan crispy crust pizza but have no immediate plans for a trip to Italy?
Transport over to Severna Park and find authentic Italian food made with fresh and imported ingredients the old-world way. A wood-fired oven is strategically centered in the heart of La Posta and an attentive, congenial staff is ready to guide you through the menu.Three of us went on a Saturday for lunch and shared their house red wine along with:
- Margherita pizza was crispy and flavorful. The fresh Mozzarella, red sauce and basil was just the right amount on top of the crust.
- Antipasto Misto had delicious quality meats served with bread is a meal in itself.
- Mussels Marinara were succulent along with the sweet and spicy sauce.
- Ravioli La Posta was incredible…light and tasty like edible pillows of heaven with Porcini mushrooms and Speck.
- Gnocchi with Gorgonzola were also yummy and light.
- Linguine with clams was sheer perfection with sweet clams and a wine, butter and parsley sauce.
- We had to try the Cannoli because people rave about them and “they” were right. Sensuous cannoli cream inside of fresh, crisp shells.
- Double espressos were smooth not bitter.
Considering all that we had, the quality of each dish, spot-on service, and atmosphere, I would say moderately expensive. We highly recommend this neighborhood place. It is also clean and they offer take-out.
5 out of 5 Tummies
La Posta Pizzeria & Italian Kitchen
HOURS OF OPERATION
Sun: 4:30 – 9 pm
Mon: 4:30 – 9 pm
Tue: 11:30 – 2 pm & 4:30 – 9 pm
Wed: 11:30 – 2 pm & 4:30 – 9 pm
Thu: 11:30 – 2 pm & 4:30 – 9 pm
Fri: 11:30 – 2 pm & 4:30 – 10 pm
Sat: 11:30 – 2 pm & 4:30 – 10 pm